For someone who loves brownies as much as I do, it’s surprising there isn’t a simple walnut brownie recipe on the blog yet, right? Well, I’m fixing that right away!
These brownies are decadent, dense, fudgy and delicious! Too many adjectives? Forgive me, got a little carried away with all the yumminess! 🙂 It’s worth it, trust me.
Super easy to make and even easier to polish off, these are a must add to your repertoire.
The ingredients are the standard brownie go -to ones : butter, chocolate, cocoa powder, flour, sugar and salt. Plus throw in a bunch of walnuts for extra crunch and prettiness 🙂 I also added a touch of coffee powder to bump up the chocolate flavour and balance the sweetness.
The batter is nice and thick, which guarantees a fudgy interior. The best kind!
I took these to office and my flatmate took some to church. Polished off in no time! It’s such a great feeling to see people really enjoying food you make! The perfect way to spread the love 🙂
With all the health precautions on right now and most of us working from home, this is a great thing to rustle up and brighten up the mood.
Be careful though, these are addictive 🙂
Fudgy Walnut Brownies
115g dark chocolate
1/2 cup (100g) Granulated sugar
1/3 cup (40g) Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla extract
2/3 cup (80g) All purpose flour
2/3 cup (55g) Cocoa powder
1/4 tsp Salt
1 tbsp Coffee powder
1 tbsp cornstarch
3/4 cup + 3 tbsp Walnuts (chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 175C and line a 8*8 baking tray
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a small saucepan till you get a smooth sauce. Let it cool for 2-3 minutes
- Whisk in the sugars and cocoa powder till combined and you have a thick paste
- Transfer to a large bowl and whisk in the eggs one by one till well combined. Mix in the vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, cornstarch, coffee powder and salt
- Fold the flour mixture into the wet batter till just combined
- Fold in the chopped walnuts
- Transfer to the baking tray and smoothen the top. Sprinkle some walnuts on top
- Bake for 35-38 minutes till just done, slightly soft inside and crackly/baked through on the top
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Transfer to a plate and slice to serve