We are all isolating ourselves nowadays, it is the need of the hour. But that doesn’t mean it all has to be bleak! Use this time to spend time with your loved ones, catch up on hobbies, learn some new things and unwind. An easy snack makes all of these easier 😀
Cue this super easy, spicy, delicious salsa!
Salsa was one of the first fancy ‘foreign’ foods I had. When we used to go out, nachos and salsa were always a treat and used to dig in like no tomorrow. And when nachos became easily available, the salsa in jars also became a standard thing to have at home.
But at some point, I figured it can’t be that tough to make this. It’s definitely healthier to make it fresh and tastes divine as well. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
You need just 8 ingredients. That’s it. And all are pantry staples. Trust me.
Tomatoes, onion, garlic, coriander, lemon, chilli, salt and cumin powder. That’s it!
And no fancy chopping and all. Roughly slice and let the blender do its work.
Blitz as per the consistency you like. I like my salsa nicely blended, with tiny chunks.
This salsa zings with spice and tartness. It is also fresh and bright. It’s perfect ♥️
This recipe makes one big bowl, feel free to multiply depending on the occasion.
It tastes great fresh as well as after being refrigerated for a while.
The best part is, this salsa can be had with just about anything. Not just nachos.
Slather it on toast, use it as a dressing, have it with chips. It all works.
Make a big batch. It will make you very happy 🙂
Cheers to you! To good health and coming out of this happier and healthier!
Stay safe everyone!
1 large onion
2-3 green chillies
5-6 cloves of garlic
2 tsp lemon juice
1.5 tsp cumin powder
2 handfuls fresh coriander
Salt to taste
- Wash and dry all the vegetables and herbs
- Quarter the tomatoes and onions and place them in a food processor
- Slice the chillies and add them to the processor (start with 2 and add another if you want)
- Toss in the garlic, salt, cumin powder and fresh coriander
- Blitz for 10-20 seconds depending on the consistency you like
- Adjust salt, lemon and chillies
- Give it one last blitz for 1-2 seconds
- Put in a bowl and serve or cover in airtight container and refrigerate before serving