Looking for a quick, easy, delicious dessert? These blueberry blondies are definitely one such! They are decadent while still being fresh and make for a yum midday snack or post meal dessert.I have a few blondie recipes on the blog, and the base is similar for this one too. The only difference is, those are typically with chocolate or other packaged ingredients as add-ons, while this is with bright, fresh blueberries!
There are blueberries on top of the batter and within, making each bite pop with that sweet tartness and also adding that lovely purple colour where the berries burst 💜
The berries inside the batter are coated with a little flour to prevent them from sinking so that they are well distributed throughout the blondie.
I made these, on a whim, when a friend was in town and staying with me. On his last day here, I had a late work start that day, so felt like baking something for him before he left, which he could also take back for his wife 🙂 These were quick to put together and turned out so well that even I ate more than I normally do 🙂 Both V and his wife, S, enjoyed these and I’m so glad I get to bake for people I love 💕
The oozy blueberries amidst the dense blondie make this magical! Just look at that!
So get started and tell me how much you love this too 🙂
1.5 cups fresh blueberries
1 cup (120g) + 1 tbsp all purpose flour (maida)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
100g butter – melted and cooled to room temperature
3/4 cup (90g) – brown sugar
2 tsp vanilla extract
1. Pre heat oven to 180c and line an 8*8 inch baking tin
2. Whisk egg and sugar for 2 minutes till light and frothy
3. Pour in the melted butter and vanilla and whisk for 30-45s
4. Sift 1 cup (120g) flour, salt, baking powder in another bowl
5. Fold in the flour mixture into the wet batter till just combined
6. In a small bowl, mix 1 cup blueberries with 1 tbsp flour till the berries are well coated
7. Add these berries to the batter and fold
8. Transfer the batter into the lined pan and add the remaining 1/2 cup of berries on the top
9. Bake at 180C for 35-40 mins till a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs
10. Take it out of the oven and let it cool to room temperature before removing from the baking tin and slicing