It’s mango season! Time to devour all the delicious mangoes you can get your hands on!
It’s also quite hot and with everything going on, I didn’t really have the mind space for technical baking or being near an oven. But I still needed to fix my mango dessert craving 🙂 So I decided to make a mango cheesecake, the no bake version. Easy and delicious. The only downside is it takes a fair bit of time to get it ready (hello, fridge), but once it’s done, it’s worth it! 💛💛
The base is just digestive biscuits with melted butter and sugar. It’s really quick to make and then chills in the fridge while everything else gets set.
The filling of the cheesecake has mango+mint puree because I like the freshness and flavour lift that comes from the mint. Use ripe, sweet mangoes for the best flavour. I used the Mallika variety, which you get here in Bangalore, and they are the best! So fragrant, sweet and absolutely delicious.
This is added to a whipped cream cheese, which helps to balance out the sweetness and adds a little tartness to the dish, making it a cheesecake 🙂 Then you whip some cream into the mixture, along with some bloomed gelatin, and it’s set to be put on top of the base. Then it’s just time to set in the fridge. Easy!
Once it has set you can top it with fresh mangoes & mint, or whipped cream, up to you. Slice and enjoy!
I made this for A and myself but also to share with other mango lovers 🙂 I sent some across to my landlords and to a friend S and they all loved it! We had enough left over to last us a few days of the coming week, which I’m so grateful for, since it made the work week a wee bit better 🙂
This cheesecake is silky, decadent, not too sweet and beautifully mango-ey. The perfect thing for a summer afternoon.
Start this off on a weekend morning, so it’s ready by lunch and then you’re set! It’s an easy thing to make ahead of time and guarantees much food love and satisfaction 🙂
No Bake Mango Cheesecake
215g digestive biscuits
2 tbsp sugar
70g melted butter
1.5 cups mango puree (approx 3 big mangoes)
7-8 fresh mint leaves
2 cups (360g) cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup (150g) powdered sugar
200ml whipping cream
1/2 cup cold water
4.5 tsp powdered gelatin
4-5 fresh mint leaves – roughly chopped
1 mango – peeled & cubed
- Pulse the digestive biscuits and sugar, in a food processor, till coarse. Add the melted butter and mix till combined to form a sandy mixture
- Put tbe mixture on the base of a 9 inch springform pan. Tap the bottom and spread out evenly on the base and up the sides. Chill in the fridge for 45 mins
- Mix half cup cold water with the powdered gelatin and let it stand for ten minutes till it coagulates
- Once it is set, microwave for 10-15s till it melts and comes together as one liquid. Let it cool to room temperature
- Mix the mango puree (made from fresh mangoes) and fresh mint in a blender to get the final puree
- In a large bowl, whisk the cream cheese till it is smooth and has no lumps
- Pour in the mango+mint pulp and add sugar and vanilla extract. Then whisk till smooth
- Add the whipping cream to the mixture and whisk at medium to high speed till well combined and fluffy. Whisk in the gelatin till combined
- Pour the batter into the chilled pan and let it set in the fridge for 4-6 hours or overnight. Once ready, top with fresh mangoes & mint or some whipped cream
- Remove from the pan, slice and serve!