Its been a while since I shared a cookie recipe , so figured I will share one I baked recently and loved!
These cookies are thick, chewy, slightly sweet, crunchy in bits and addictive!
They have got melty chocolate chips, toasty walnuts, generous flecks of salt and are made with whole wheat. The whole wheat adds a little more nuttiness while also making them a little more healthy than the usual cookies.
Let the dough chill for a bit, then shape and bake. These cookies will be thick, crisp on the outside, chewy on the inside and absolutely fabulous!
I made then for my friend D, when she was spending the day with me, and she loved them so much she took a batch home with her 🙂
Get Baking! Happiness Awaits!
Whole wheat walnut & choco chip cookies
- 1.5 cups (180g) whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 100g butter – room temperature
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (60g) brown sugar
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips + extra for topping
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts + extra for topping
- Flaky salt for topping – optional
- Cream together the butter and sugars for 2 minutes till soft and fluffy
- Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract till well combined
- Sift the flour, salt and baking soda in a small bowl
- Gently mix the flour into the wet batter till just combined
- Fold in chopped walnuts and choco chips
- Cover with foil and chill in the fridge for 30 mins
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray (or two)
- Scoop the dough into balls (1.5-2 tbsp per ball) and line on the tray, keep each ball 2 inches apart
- Sprinkle a couple of chocolate chips, chopped walnuts and flaky salt over each dough ball
- Bake at 180C for 15 mins till edges are golden and tops are mostly baked through (slightly soft)
- Take them out of the oven, cool and enjoy!