By now you all know I love a good blondie, almost as much as I love a good brownie. There are days you feel like enjoying that dense, moist, delicious dessert, minus the chocolate. Those are blondie days 🙂 They are super versatile and I just made a new version – this time with jam!
I wanted to bake something from friends who were visiting from Chennai, but I was feeling rather uninspired the whole morning. Towards the afternoon, I realised blondies would be the best. Quick, easy and delicious! But I didn’t feel like just making plain blondies (because it’s me :)), and didn’t want to go chocolate either, so hunted around the kitchen and realised I have jam that would go really well on that thick blondie base ❤️
I love using jam in dessert and whisk it a bit to make it more flowy, to get the best taste & texture. Here I used good ol’ Kissan mixed fruit jam, but you can use any you like. I prefer jams that are not uber sweet and also love the contrast of the red with the plain base.
Once the base blondie batter is ready and in the pan, just dollop on the jam and swirl however you want. Then bake. Easy!
The jam is hot and the base needs to set for a bit, so let it cool and then remove from the pan.
The jam makes these lovely gooey rivulets all over the top and the blondie is chewy & delicious on the inside. Perfect contrast!
My friends loved the blondies and polished the whole lot off within a day! Yay!
These are super easy to make and I high recommend these for a yum tea time snack or a quick weekend break 🙂
Let me know how you like them 🥰
- 100g butter – melted & cooled to room temperature
- 3/4 cup (90g) brown sugar
- 1 Egg – at room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2.5 Tbsp jam
- Pre heat the oven to 175C and line an 8 inch baking pan
- Sift the flour and salt in a small bowl
- In a larger bowl, whisk the sugar & melted butter for 2 mins till well combined
- Add the egg and vanilla and mix well
- Add the flour in installments, mix after each addition, till just combined
- Transfer the batter to the lined pan and spread evenly
- In a small bowl, whisk the jam till it is slightly runnier and glossy
- Drop 4-5 dollops of jam on the blondie batter and swirl with a knife
- Bake at 175 or 28-30 mins till the tester comes out with a few moist crumbs attached
- Take it out of rhe oven and cool to room temperature. Slice & serve