Yup, you read it right! An easy, no churn, boozy ice cream, just for you 🙂
I am not a fan of Baileys, but we had people over for dinner who love it and I figured this would be a great make-ahead dessert to wrap up our Italian meal.
No churn ice creams are super easy to make and are quickly becoming my favourite thing to experiment with. All this needs is condensed milk, whipping cream and Baileys. Easy! I added some choco-chips for fun too, because why not? 🤩
There are two time consuming things in this recipe, the whipping of the cream to stiff peaks and the controlling of greed to let the mixture freeze for at least 6 hours. But it’s worth it!
The whipped cream takes about 10-15 minutes to get to stiff peaks, and once done you just need to fold it into the condensed milk+Baileys mix. Gently, so you don’t knock the air out else you won’t get a delicious, creamy ice cream.
The ice cream is best left in the freezer overnight, but minimum for 6 hours to help it get the right texture.
Then just scoop and serve! It’s nicely boozy without being crazy and still the right amount of sweet & creamy.
Try it soon and I hope you love it too!
Baileys No Churn Ice cream
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 100 ml whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp Baileys
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- Put a clean mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 minutes
- In another large bowl, mix the condensed milk and Baileys with a pinch of salt
- Take the bowl out of the freezer and pour the whipping cream into it
- Whisk on medium-high speed for 10-15 minutes till you get stiff peaks
- Gently add 1/3 of the cream to the condensed milk mix and fold in
- Add the rest of the cream in parts and gently fold till just combined. Don’t overmix else it won’t be light and creamy
- Fold in the Chocolate chips
- Transfer the mix to a 9 inch loaf pan and spread uniformly. Sprinkle a few choc chips on top
- Keep in the freezer for a minimum of 6 hours, or overnight
- When ready to serve, take it out, rest it on the counter for 5 mins. Scoop and serve!