Bringing two of my favourite things together in a super easy dessert!
These brownies are dark, dense and chocolaty, topped with fresh strawberries to provide some freshness and sourness. BEAUTIFUL, I SAY!
It is the season for strawberries, so this is a great dessert to try right now 🙂
Apart from that, this uses the usual chocolate, butter and flour for the brownies. I also add some cocoa powder for that extra darkness and chocolatey flavour.
The strawberries just go on top of the batter and then you have this thick brownie interior with dehydrated yet slightly juicy strawberries on top as the final bite 😍
Once it’s fully cool, slice in and enjoy the decadence!
- 3/4 cup (150g) sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup (60g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (20g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 100g butter – room temperature
- 175g dark chocolate – room temperature
- 10-12 strawberries – slices
- Pre heat the oven to 180C. Grease and line a 9 inch pan
- In a saucepan, melt the butter and chocolate on low heat till it’s a smooth sauce. Let it cool to room temperature
- In a small bowl, sift the flour, cocoa and salt
- In a large bowl, whisk the sugar and eggs for 2 mins till fluffy
- Fold in the melted chocolate and mix till just combined
- Fold in the dry ingredients and mix till just combined and transfer to the baking dish
- Spread it uniformly and put the strawberry slices on top
- Bake at 180 for 30-35 mins till a tester comes out with just a few moist crumbs
- Let it cool to room temperature, remove from the pan and slice