2022 has already started! How time flies! May this year be saner, safer and happier than ever before! Here’s to overcoming fears, finding your passion, spending more time with people you love and doing things that make you happy! For me, baking is definitely something I want to do more of and overcoming dough fears needs to find more place in my life 🙂 This blueberry tart is super easy though and is something that you must try!
Blueberries are in season and i highly recommend you grab a few packs and make this beautiful dessert soon!
This is a super easy recipe since it doesn’t call for any resting of dough or blind baking or making a compote. It is easy peasy!
The blueberries are layered through the tart, adding more textures and flavours of the fruit in each bite.
The first is the smushed, mascerated later, with lemon and spices for extra oomph.
Then you add some fresh berries so they get roasted in the oven as is.
Once the tart and berries are cooked through, you take it out, plop on some more berries to give a fresh feel and let the whole thing chill and set. Easy right?
I made this tart for a friend and her son and they loved it 🙂 Even A and his dad tried some and enjoyed it. So this one is a definite winner!
Hope you try it soon too!
Easy Blueberry Tart
- 1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
- 1.5 tbsp sugar
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 100g cold butter – cubed
- 4 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup (100g) sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Combine flour, salt, sugar in a small bowl. Mix in the butter, with your hands, till you get a crumbly dough. Add the vinegar and mix till it forms a dough
- Transfer the dough to a 9 inch tart pan and gently spread across and up the sides. Try to keep it to uniform thickness, around 1/8-1/4 inch thick. Keep the tin in the fridge as you get the filling ready
- In a small bowl, add 2 cups on blueberries with lemon zest, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Use a fork to mash the berries lightly and mix well
- Take the tin out of the fridge and spread the mashed berry mix on the tart base evenly
- Top with 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- Bake at 200C for 45-50 mins till the tart base is golden brown and firm and the berries are bubbling
- Remove from the oven and top with the remaining cup of blueberries. Let it cool to room temperature and then keep in the fridge for 30-60 mins or so to set
- Slice and serve!