Yes, you read that right 🙂 Chocolate in two forms in a chewy yet fudgey cookie. Yummm!
These are regular cookies, with usual ingredients. The extra chocolate chips add that extra chocolate layer and some pools of melted chocolate for extra joy 🙂
The dough needs to be chilled for a few hours to help it bake better. This allows the cookie to remain thick and chewy, without spreading out thin.
They take about 15-18 mins to bake till the sides are a little brown and tops just slightly soft.
Then let them cool before you dig in!
I’d sent these over for a friend and her family and it got devoured in seconds! Add these to your baking list and let me know what you think 🙂
Double Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 100g butter – melted
- 1/2 cup (60g) light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1.3 cup (150g) all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup (20g) cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup chocolate chips + few extra for topping
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking soda in a small bowl
- In a larger bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes till light and fluffy
- Mix in egg and vanilla and mix for 1-2 mins till well combined
- Fold in the flour mix to the wet batter till just combined
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips
- Let the dough chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours
- Once done, pre heat oven to 175C and line baking trays with parchment paper
- Scoop 1.5-2 tbsp of dough and make balls. Place them a few inches apart on the tray. Depending on the oven size, you might need to do this in batches
- Sprinkle a little salt on top of each ball. Press in 2-3 chocolate chips on each ball as well
- Bake for 15-18 mins till the sides are gently browned, top is just slightly soft and the cookies has lost its glossy look
- Take out of the oven and move to a cooling rack. Let them cool to room temp and dig in!