These are light, fresh and delicious! A great way to get those seasonal fruits into your dessert!
I made these for my friend T’s birthday a few weeks ago and they were a massive hit! She had a little birthday get together at her favourite coffee shop and I took these along. They were polished off in fifteen minutes! 😍
When I asked T what she wants for her birthday, she asked me to keep it simple. Something with vanilla and almonds. But it’s her birthday, so I couldn’t leave it just at that. Decided to change it up by making it fresh cherries with some almond extract and slivered almonds 🙂
The cherries were plump and juicy, just the right balance of sweet and tart and really took the muffins to another level!
These muffins come together really quickly and are light, fluffy and flavourful!
So find a nice box of cherries and get started 🙂 Hope you like them as much!
Cherry & Almond Muffins
- 100g butter – room temperature
- 2 eggs – room temperature
- 3/4 cup (150g) Granulated sugar
- 1 tsp almond extract
- 2 cups (240g) all purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup milk – room temperature
- 3/4 cup + 2tbsp Slivered almonds
- 1.5 cups roughly chopped cherries
- Pre heat oven to 180C and line a muffin tray
- Sift the flour, salt, baking powder in a small bowl
- In a larger bowl, mix the butter and sugar for 2-3 mins till light and fluffy
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition
- Mix in the almond extract
- Add in the flour mix and milk, alternately, starting and ending with flour. After each addition, mix gently till just combined
- Fold in the cherries and 3/4 cup almonds till just combined
- Fill the batter in the liners, till each is almost full
- Sprinkle a few slivered almonds (from the additional 2 tbsp left) on top of each muffin
- Bake at 180C for 30-35 mins till golden brown and springs back to touch. A tester will come out clean
- Take them out of the oven, let them cool to room temperature and dig in!