Well made cookies are bliss! Thick, chewy, soft, not too sweet and full of flavour. Right? Bite sized goodness!
I recently made these amazing chocolate chip cookies which made me believe that those blissful cookies are super easy to make at home! But be warned, these are addictive and it is very hard to eat just one 🙂 Given how big a hit these were, I knew I needed to make more flavour options with a similar batter. The possibilities are endless! The first one I chose – cranberry and white chocolate! Sounds odd? It is all sorts of delicious.
This flavour combo has been in my head for ages, inspired by something my baking idol Sally. She is such a star, so many kinds of recipes and flavours , lots of baking tips and tricks and such a happy way of writing!
Given I love baking with berries (have you tried my lemon blueberry muffins?) and my love for the tartness of cranberries , I knew I had to try this. I’m not a fan of white chocolate because it can be too sweet, but this is a really balanced cookie. Trust me 🙂
Just look at those delicious red berries!
Mix in these lovely ingredients and chill the dough for a few hours to help the flavours combine.
Scoop into balls, bake till golden, cool them down and you’re ready to dig in! It’s that easy 🙂
White chocolate and cranberry cookies
100g softened butter
1/4 cup granulated white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1.5 cups all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
- Cream together the butter and sugars for 2-3 minutes till light and fluffy
- Mix in the egg and vanilla till combined
- Sift the flour, salt , baking powder together and fold into the wet ingredients.
- Fold in the berries followed by the chocolate. Make sure not to overmix.
- Cover the bowl with clingfilm and chill in the fridge for 2-4 hours .
- Once chilled, pre heat the oven to 180C and line baking tray with baking paper .
- Scoop the batter into balls (I use an ice cream scoop) and place them 2 inches apart on the tray. I used two trays for this quantity.
- Bake at 180 for 15 minutes till the cookies become golden brown around the sides. Make sure not to overbake as they will harden even while cooling down.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, cool on the tray for 5-7 minutes. Continue to cool on a wire rack till at room temperature. Dig in 🙂
2 thoughts on “White chocolate and cranberry cookies”
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] combination works so well that you feel compelled to try it in as many versions as possible. The white chocolate and cranberry cookies that I made last year led me to one such […]