Brownies are amazing desserts. Quick to make, super tasty, texturally divine and impossible to eat just one of. Agree?
Brownies, by virtue of name, are usually made with chocolate. Sometimes you aren’t in the mood for that intense chocolate-y flavour (like these brownies). It is rare, but happens. For those occasions, blondies are best! No cocoa powder in the batter, but numerous ways to amp them up by adding other things. Like chocolate chunks!
These have the same texture that we love in brownies. Tall, thick and gooey with a crackly top. They also have these delicious pools of dark chocolate that will give you that little extra oomph as you take each bite. Simply divine!
I took these to office and they were gone in 20 minutes. I kid you not. My team is typically slow to finish off dessert (healthy people I tell you), but this just disappeared!
You just need basic baking ingredients to put this together. Use a good quality dark chocolate to give it a good depth of flavour. I used Godiva eating chocolate but feel free to use dark baking chocolate as well. Chop it up into small-ish chunks. Fold some into the batter and sprinkle some of top. Easy-peasy!
Make these and savour the deliciousness as is or with your morning tea/coffee 🙂
Choco Chunk Blondies
100g butter – melted and cooled to room temperature
3/4 cup (90g) brown sugar
1 egg – at room temperature
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup (120g) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
100g dark chocolate – chopped into small chunks
- Pre heat the oven to 175C. Grease and line and 8 inch baking pan.
- Whisk the melted butter and brown sugar for 2-3 minutes till well combined, light and fluffy.
- Add the egg and whisk well, 1-2 minutes.
- Mix in the vanilla extract.
- Sift flour and salt in a separate bowl. Fold the flour mixture into the wet ingredients in two instalments. Make sure not to overmix.
- Fold in 3/4 of the chocolate chunks in the batter.
- Transfer the batter to the baking pan. Sprinkle the rest of the chocolate chunks on top.
- Bake at 175C for 25-30 minutes. It is done when a tester/toothpick comes out with some moist crumbs but no wet batter.
- Remove from the oven and let the brownies cool in the pan for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the pan and cool fully on a wire rack/plate.
- Slice and enjoy!