The first cookie recipe I posted on this blog was a peanut butter one and my most popular cookie is the thick chocolate chip one. So what could be better than a beautiful blend of the two? 🙂 Also, peanut butter and chocolate are a match made in heaven!
These cookies are super easy to make, require just some basic ingredients and taste phenomenal!
Chilling the dough for at least an hour helps to get all the flavours to combine well and also ensures the cookies don’t spread as much. The result : big, thick, chewy, peanut-y cookies with little pools and nibbles of chocolate thrown in. *Drooooool*
I use about two tablespoons worth of dough for one cookie and roll it nicely to form a ball. As it bakes, the dough slowly expands to form a golden brown cookie with crispy edges and a thick, chewy center. It’s packed with flavour!
I sent some across to my landlady K and she was thrilled! Such large, dense, flavour bomb cookies are not usually found easily, she said. Yay! 😀
My friend, H, devoured around 3-4 in a rather short span of time! I’m always happy when someone loves the food I make and it disappears that soon 🙂
Dunk these in a glass of milk or have them as is, they are truly great! Not too sweet, the right kind of buttery, crispy on the edge and moist on the inside – true love! Make these now, I Say! 😀
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
100g butter – room temperature
3/4 cup (200g) smooth peanut butter – room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (60g) brown sugar
1/4 cup (50g) white sugar
1.25 cups (150g) all purpose flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Whisk the butters for about 2-3 minutes till combined and creamy
- Add the sugars and whisk for another 1-2 minutes
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract till well combined
- Sift the flour, salt, baking soda. Fold into the wet batter till just mixed
- Fold in the chocolate chips
- Cover with cling wrap and chill for at least one hour
- Once chilled , shape into balls, with 2 tablespoons of dough per cookie
- Pre heat the oven to 180C. Line a baking sheet
- Place the cookies about 2 inches apart, you will need to bake this in batches
- Bake for 12-15 mins till the sides become crispy and golden and the top starts to brown
- Remove from the oven when still slightly under baked. Cool on the tray for 5-7 minutes
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool to room temperature. Dig in!
3 thoughts on “Peanut Butter Chocochip Cookies”
Landlady K says many thanks for the brilliant cookies – hands down beat any in the market!
Now preparing space in the tummy for batch two!!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person
These look so good! 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
[…] chocolate chip cookie, but it’s always fun to try new takes on the classic (like the peanut butter combo of the espresso burst). I was browsing through some recipes online and found one which used […]