Who’s up for trying new flavour combos? *Raises both hands*
I love a good ol’ chocolate chip cookie, but it’s always fun to try new takes on the classic (like the peanut butter combo of the espresso burst). I was browsing through some recipes online and found one which used olive oil instead of butter and it sounded super! I had to try a version 🙂
The cookies are super easy to make and the olive oil adds this beautiful aroma and taste to a forever favourite. Makes it feel so new!
The dough comes together quickly and needs no chilling. Bake till just done and let them cool before you start devouring them. Trust me, you will devour them! 🙂
The flaky sea salt is magical in so many ways. It adds texture and a beautiful pop of salt that balances out the sweetness so well!
Using good quality dark chocolate is super important. You can use chocolate chunks or just chop some regular chocolate. Nice big chunks will melt gorgeously into pools of chocolate goodness! Yum Yum Yum! 😍
How good does that look? You’ll be licking your fingers and your lips after this one. I promise.
These can be stored in an air tight container for a few days – so make them ahead of time 🙂
You can also freeze the dough and then bring it to room temperature and bake whenever you want. A great secret to have in your freezer!
I’m drooling writing about these. You have to make them soon! Tell me how much you love them, ok? 🙂
Salted Olive Oil Choco Chip Cookies
2.5 cups (300g) all purpose flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup (90g) brown sugar
1/4 cup (50g) granulated sugar
2 eggs – room temperature
1 tsp vanilla extract
225g dark chocolate – chips or chopped into chunks
2 tsp flaky sea salt
- Pre heat the oven to 180C and line a baking tray
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil and sugars till well combined
- Add eggs one by one, mix well after each addition. Whisk on vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt
- Mix the flour with the wet batter till just combined
- Fold in the chocolate chips/chunks
- Use a large ice cream scoop (2-3 tbsp) to make balls of the dough and place on the lined baking tray. Keep each ball 1 inch apart (might need to bake these in batches)
- Top each ball with a pinch of sea salt, press lightly into the dough so it sticks
- Bake at 175C for 10-12 mins till the cookies are golden-brown
- Remove and let them cool for 5-10 mins. Serve or store in an air tight container