There are days when you just want some quick chocolate therapy, right? Either for a mood lift or some energy or just because you’re in the mood for some chocolate 🙂 There is always a good reason! Your usual cake recipes take an hour or so, cookies need some dough chilling, brownies need melted chocolate to cool down etc so a quick fix isn’t always easy. Well, that’s about to change 🙂
These cookies are super easy, totally fuss free and need no chilling. From craving to eating in just 30 mins 😍!
You just need basic cookie ingredients and you’re set to bake. Butter, flour, cocoa, sugar,salt, eggs, vanilla extract,coffee, baking powder, baking soda. Easy!
The batter comes together quick and is very very lickable!
Once the batter is ready, you just need to scoop it onto trays and bake ’em. Each cookie is about 2-3 tbsp in size. I use an ice cream scoop to keep them all relatively similar in size.
The cookies spread out a little, not too much and a crispy on the top while still being soft and chewy in the middle. Best combo ever!
These are literally drops of cookie dough being baked into cookie goodness. Don’t worry about the shapes and smoothness of each ball of dough. If you want you can smooth out the dough when rolling into balls but don’t stress!
The cookies are deeply chocolate-y but not very sweet and have an airy, yet chewy mouth feel. I don’t know if that makes sense, but they taste so good!
Make a big batch and snack away. Chocolate cravings taken care of! 🙂
You can store these for a couple of days as well so that you have an emergency stash at hand!
Just look at that center 😍
Go on, you know you want some! Happy Baking!
Fuss Free Chocolate Cookies
100g butter – room temperature
1/2 cup brown sugar (60g)
1/4 cup granulated sugar (50g)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup + 2 tbsp all purpose flour (135g)
1/3 cup (26g) cocoa
1 tsp coffee powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
- Pre heat the oven to 190C. Line two baking trays
- Cream the butter and sugars for 3-4 minutes till light and fluffy
- Mix in the egg and vanilla extract for 1-2 minutes
- In a separate bowl, sift the flour, cocoa, salt, baking powder, baking soda and coffee powder
- Fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients till just combined
- Scoop 2-3 tbsp of batter into balls and drop on to the baking paper, with 2 inches gap between each (about 6 cookies per tray)
- Bake at 190 for 15-18 mins till the cookies are just done, the edges are baked but the center is still slightly soft
- Take them out and let them cool to room temperature. Dig in!