You know I love a nice, fudgey brownie. It’s one of those beautiful indulgences I allow myself every now and then. I have a few brownies recipes on the blog and will keep experimenting with new ones to add to the repertoire! Always good to keep things fresh, right? 🙂 This new recipe combines chocolate and peanut butter – what a divine combo! Gorgeous swirls of peanut butter through a dark, decadent brownie. Yum Yum Yum! 😍😍
The recipe is super easy, just like any other regular brownie, but amped up with dollops of thick, smooth peanut butter to balance the sweetness and add another dimension to each bite.
Swirl the peanut butter well so that it folds through most of the batter in a way that you get some peanut butter surprises in each slice 🙂 Plus it looks lovely on the top as well!
Each slice is thick and gooey but also has these bursts of nutty, salty, melty peanut butter which are a pleasure to eat. The crackly top and crispy edges make the fudgey interior even more yummy.
Take the brownies out when they are just about done and let them cool to room temperature before slicing. I made these because I love the decadence of both the brownie and the peanut butter, the mild sweetness of this dessert and overall happiness inducing power it has 🙂 You need to try it! Soon!
These are addictive, I promise you! So make a big batch 🙂
Peanut Butter Swirl Brownies
100g butter – melted and cooled to room temperature
1/4 cup (30g) brown sugar
1/2 cup (100g) granulated sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup (60g) all purpose flour
1/3 cup (30g) cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking powder
5-6 tbsp peanut butter – room temperature
- Pre heat oven to 175C. Grease and line a 9 inch tin
- Whisk the sugars into the melted butter for 1-2 minutes till well combined
- Add the eggs one by one, mixing well after each addition. Whisk in the vanilla extract
- Sift the flour, cocoa, salt and baking powder in a small bowl
- Fold into the wet batter till just combined
- Transfer the batter to the lined tin and smoothen out
- Drop dollops of peanut butter on the batter and swirl with a toothpick/knife
- Bake at 175 for 28-30 minutes till just done
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temperature. Slice and serve