Potatoes & Bacon. Two delicious flavour packed essentials. Loved by most people. Right? When put together, the result is even more of a bomb!
Personally I am not as big of a bacon fan as most people I know. It can get a bit too fatty and salty for me (yes yes, don’t lose your mind). So this dish actually is the best for someone like me, because it renders the fat and uses that to coat the rosemary & potatoes, plus only small bits of the delicious meat are sprinkled all over the dish. Each bite is divine!
This is very minimally spiced dish and the meatiness of the bacon blends beautifully with the herbaceous rosemary, punchy garlic and those ever amazing potatoes.
Then just bake ’em, toss in the bacon and serve! That easy!
I once sat down and ate the entire thing while watching a film. Don’t judge okaaay? ☺️
Rosemary & Bacon Potatoes
- 500g baby potatoes
- 3 strips of fatty bacon
- 1 tbsp fresh rosemary
- 3 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Salt to taste
- Pre heat the oven to 200C
- Heat a pan and add the bacon to it. Let it cook down to almost completely render the fat, flipping frequently (approx 4-5 mins). Move the bacon to a plate, lined with a paper towel
- In the same pan with bacon fat, add the rosemary and stir on low heat for a few seconds to infuse the flavour
- Wash & pat dry the potatoes. Leave the skin on and cut them in half
- Add the bacon fat, rosemary, garlic, salt and pepper to the potatoes and mix well, ensuring all the potatoes are covered well in the bacon fat
- Transfer all of this to a baking tray and bake at 200C for 25-30mins, flipping mid way. The potatoes are done if a fork goes through easily
- Once cooked, remove from the oven and sprinkle chopped bacon (cooked earlier) on the potatoes. Toss well and serve!