I first discovered the joy of butter and garlic as a combo in Goa. With prawns. Such a simple but flavourful idea. The first vegetarian version I made of that was with mushrooms (will share that recipe soon). So buttery, meaty and delicious!
One day while making grilled chicken, I was thinking of what an easy side dish would be. Ran through going through my recipes my head and thought about using this flavour combo with the whole bunch of veggies I had at home. Such a simple idea. Why didn’t I think of this earlier?
This is a really versatile dish. Comes together in no time, can be made with any vegetables and is super yum.
Butter and garlic add a nutty aroma, slight pungent kick and this lovely warmth to the dish. Add some chilli and any herbs you like to make it even more flavourful. Done. That easy.
Use colourful veggies to make the dish pop even more. Capsicum, zucchini, corn, broccoli – you can use it all.
This is a hearty dish and can be had as is. Or you can also have this with grilled chicken, fish, in a sandwich etc. Try this and you will definitely be making this fairly often. Especially for dinner on weekdays 🙂
Butter Garlic Vegetables
2 capsicums – cubed
1 zucchini – sliced
1 broccoli – cut in florets
100g baby corn – sliced
2 garlic cloves – diced
4 tbsp – sliced green olives
1.5 tsp dried oregano
3/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp dried basil
1 tbsp butter
salt to taste
- Heat a pan. Add butter and let it melt and brown a little to get the nutty aroma.
- Add garlic and chilli flakes and saute till garlic is slightly golden.
- Add the oregano and basil, cook for 30 seconds.
- Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes, mixing well
- Then add the capsicum and zucchini. Mix well, add some salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 15-20 minutes till done. Keep stirring.
- Adjust salt and chilli. Serve hot