I’m back with more potato recipes! This one is quick, easy and something I’ve discovered over the past five years or so.
I had initially known podi as the powder that is mixed with ghee/sesame oil and had with idlis and dosas. Then I realised, it is such a great flavour and texture bundle, that you can add it to so many more things to drive more deliciousness. Case in point : potatoes!
All you need is boiled potatoes, basic spices and podi of your choice. That’s it. I used podi from my friend’s company (Rasa & Co), but you can use any homemade or packaged podi that you like.
Once the spices are spluttering, you just add the potatoes and turmeric and toss till golden and slightly crispy. Add in the podi, mix well and serve. 10 mins. Done. Meal ready!
You can eat these with dosa, parantha, appan, whatever you like. They are just lip smackingly good!
Grab your fav podi and get cooking! You’ll thank me later 🙂
- 500g potatoes – boiled & peeled
- 3-4 tsp podi of your choice
- 1 tsp turmeric (haldi) powder
- 1 tsp coriander (dhania) powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 dried red chillies
- 5-6 green curry leaves
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Slice the boiled potatoes into 3/4 inch pieces
- Heat oil in a pan. Once hot add the mustard seeds and dried red chillies till they splutter
- Add the curry leaves and let it infuse for 10-15 seconds
- Transfer the sliced potatoes to the pan and mix well
- Add the turmeric, coriander powder and mix well. Cook for 5-7 mins till the potatoes are golden and a little crunchy on the outside
- Mix in the podi and cook for 4-5 mins. Adjust salt and let it rest for ten mins, off the heat. Serve!